Friday, May 6, 2011

Out of the Hospital Thank-You!!

Super-tech-mom
Hello my dearest friends!!

I am just finishing my first FULL day out of the hospital!!! I can't believe that I was in the hospital for almost 9 days! It feels like a dream.

The first thing I must do is thank my MOM for taking over blog responsibilities in my absence. She was not very sure about all of this, but she did it anyway, and it was so great!! Thank you, super-techno-Mom!!!!!

She is also in this next picture:
My Angels



Look closely - can you see the wings sprouting from the backs of these three?? That's my dad, Jim,  on the left, my mom, Jo Ann,  in the middle, and my friend, John, on the right. They all came with me out here and have been my guardian angels every step of the way. They stayed with me before surgery when I was really scared, and sat for 6 hours during my surgery waiting to find out if everything was going to be o.k. Then they stayed with me in the hospital every day (they took turns - my room was small!! :-), helping me with every little thing that I could not do for many days.


And look here - these are just a few of the things that I looked at the morning I went in for surgery that helped calm me (these are just a few that I could take pictures of - I was surrounded by all your good thoughts!!):







I'll write more tomorrow about how I'm doing (generally very well!), and how everything went at the hospital (generally very well!), but for now just THANK YOU - to every one of you for every little thing. 

More Soon - 

Love, Ms. Lucas (Sandy :-)




18 comments:

  1. Congrats, Sandy! Your left lungs must be doing better since there's no news about it. I'm so relieved! I can recognize those beautiful toes a mile away :-) xoxoxo xy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sammie
    You and Jo both have done a great job with this blog! And the comments from your students are just precious.....obviously they love you just as much as your friends do. The Girls have been updated on your status. Good talking with you today, and keep on truckin'.
    Lotsa love,
    Carol et al

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pics are cool-I'm glad the items bring you comfort:) sk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear miss lucas r u feeling well todday it is a wonderful day.Get well rested and take good care of yourself.We miss u. :) :) :) SMILE. Your Student:Gaoshouaka Xiong :) :) :)Remember SMILE BIG :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GET WELL!!! :) Miss Lucas. :) :) :) by:Gaoshoouaka Xiong :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. DEAR MS.LUCAS
    THANK YOU FOR SHOWING US THE THINGS THAT WE GIVE YOU
    I MISS YOU SO MUCH I'M AT SCHOOL NOW.HOW ARE YOU DOING NOW.I HOPE GREAT?WHEN ARE YOU COMING BACK TO MN?IS IS ALMOST THE END OF THE YEAR.....
    I'M VISTING MY COUSIN THIS SUMMER I THINK IT WONDERFUL.......
    THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU DONE FOR ME AT SCHOOL:) I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME JUST LIKE ME.....:)
    YOUR STUDENT,
    EH RE NOH SAY
    I HOPE I SEE YOU NEXT YEAR.I MISS YOU SO MUCH AND I HOPE YOU GET BETTER........SOON

    ReplyDelete
  7. DEAR Ms lucas we all miss you we hope you feel good remember when we gave you the heart AND you started CRYING why where you crying UMMMMM YOUR THE BEST TEACHER in my HEART love monisa ahmed xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear MS.LUCAS,
    How are you? we miss you so much!today is a wonderful day in MN! I hope you come to see us right now I hope you get well soon.


    GET WELL,
    MAI CHEE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ms. Lucas,

    It's great to hear you're making a recovery! Your mom has done a wonderful job keeping us updated, many thank yous to her. I love the pictures and snippets you've included. Hope to see you back in Minnesota soon!

    Love,
    Ms. Xiong

    ReplyDelete
  10. dear ms.lucas I want you to come to frost lake again and come bake and taech mrs.k class again and I hope your doing well.Oh and I am pazi from mrs.k class.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, Hope you get better and be able to visit us.



    DeMeTrIuS HeR :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. dear mrs.lucas how was you day and Ireally miss you and Iwat you back to frostlake. And iam pazi.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear, MS.LUCAS how was NEW YORK? do u like it or not and on the MAY 18 we are going to a flip trip i whish u are there. XOXO PACHEE XIONG

    ReplyDelete
  14. dear ms.lucas how are you doing we love you from kevin gray.

    ReplyDelete
  15. dear ms.lucas
    wow new york is pretty awesome i wish i was there .
    and it me tony love tony

    ReplyDelete
  16. i for got thaanks for the NY shirt it was neat love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! tony again

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ms.Lucas thanks for the New York t-shirt its awesome i have always wanted one its awesome!

    Love,Kaozer Yang

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank you for the new york t-shirt
    i like it so much thnak you ms.lucas.

    love,vang xiong

    ReplyDelete