Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Homeward Bound!

Hello, hello,

Headed to Minnesota!
Well, I went back to see my doctor today, and all the news was good! He said I have a "perfect repair," and my x-rays showed that I only have a little moisture in my lungs, so they said I can fly home tomorrow - yippee!!

I am very happy to be going, but I have to say, I will always have a very soft spot in my heart for New York City. The people here at the Mt. Sinai Hospital, and the Marriott Hotel on 92nd Street where we stayed, at the little restaurants and stores in the neighborhood, and the taxi drivers who drove really carefully after I told them I had heart surgery, were ALL wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. It is a busy, alive, eclectic place. I met people from the Philippines, Morocco, Guyana, Colombia, Turkey, Somalia, Canada, France, China, Hong Kong, and many other places. Fantastic!

So, I'll be back in Minnesota tomorrow, but my heart (kind of literally!) belongs to New York!

More soon -

Love, Ms. Lucas (Sandy :-)

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad everything went well with your checkup and that you're able to come home! Like I said earlier, don't worry about anything here; the kids have all been great!
    Wishing you the best,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! I am so happy for you. Thank you so much for keeping us posted.
    Love,
    Mellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Sandy, you are awesome. Thank you so much for keeping us posted on your progress. I hope we get to see you this summer in Minnesota - we will be there between 7/19 and 8/1. XXXOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wat time when u get home?
    I like the picture of the airplane.
    Do u hav any cousin, aunt, uncle or friends live in new york?
    I wonder wat r u doing now.
    I like how u put the things that u doee.
    Like,
    eating,walking all those different things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear Mrs lucas I Miss U So MUCH Your such a nice teacher I wish we could see you tommorow were Going to a ART place YES YES YES YES it going to be SO much awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. DEAR MS.LUCAS
    I so happy that your back in MN.I hope i see someday because I'm going to MISSISIPP next year.
    I'm going to miss you and everyone eles.
    I'm so sad to leave FROST LAKE :(
    how are you doing?I hope you felling better....
    your front yard look so beauitful I hope it smell fresh...I will always be there for you in the air.
    I hope you get well soon.:)
    your student,
    EH RE NOH
    SAY
    get well sssooooonnn........

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay your back from new YORK! :)


    David


    XD,:),:(,:-D

    ReplyDelete