Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hello!

Hi All,

I hope you all had a great 3-day weekend! Yesterday (Memorial Day) was very beautiful in the afternoon! I like it when the temperature gets up above 75. I lived on the equator for several years, in Malaysia, and I LOVE hot weather. The hotter the better!

Well, things are going along very well here. I continue to do my daily walks and such. I just finished a book titled, Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption. It is a very interesting, well-written story about a man who fought in World War II (he was in the war from about 1942-1945, when it ended). The things he went through were very difficult, but he survived, and went on to live a full life (he is actually still alive - he is 98 years old now!). His plane was shot down over the Pacific Ocean, and he and two of his friends drifted in the ocean, in two small rafts, for 47 days. Many other very bad things happened, but he somehow kept going. Quite an interesting story.

What are you all doing these days? What are your plans for this summer? There are lots of interesting programs to get you out and doing interesting things. Here are a few links that you can check out - talk to your family about joining in!


  • St. Paul Programs - The official St. Paul City page. Click on the link and you can look at a whole book of programs available in St. Paul.
  • St. Paul Urban Tennis - Learn how to play tennis at a tennis court near you!
  • Sprockets - This website let's you type in your address, and then finds summer programs that are near you!
  • East Side Arts Council - provides accessible, low-cost or free arts programs to children and families.
  • St. Paul Public Library - Don't forget all the cool things you can do at the library - read, listen to books, use computers - and LOTS of other stuff, all summer long! Don't forget the bookmobile!

I hope you find something you like - there are a lot of other things going on this summer - and you probably have some good plans for yourself!

All the best - I think of you often -

Ms. Lucas (Sandy :-)

12 comments:

  1. hi mis lucas how are you this week was angel birthday and have fun frrom jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnxx for the present!!!

    lovee,(like always)
    paud s. yang ;))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the t shirt mrs.lucas we all like the shirt you got for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sandy,
    It was great to see you the other night! The kids love the t-shirts and are going to wear them bowling tomorrow:) Hope all continues to go well in your recovery and I will see you soon!

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the I Love New York shirts.I miss you very much!I will be very glad when you come back next year!


    Sincerly,
    Nicholas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mrs.Lucas thankyou for the t-shrit but i relly like the t-shirt.


    i hope you see me next year?


    Love SarPaw

    ReplyDelete
  7. dear ms.lucas thnk you for the t shirt so much and I hope I will see you next year oh and Iam pazi your student

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ms Lucas,

    We really miss you alot. Thank you for the I love new York Shirts. I hope to see you next year when I'm in 5th Grade. The whole 4th grade will miss you.

    - Demetrius Her :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. dear miss lucas i hope you come back soon oh and thanks for the t shirts you bought us that was nice of you id wish if you can come bouwling with us but thats ok from jayvon

    ReplyDelete
  10. dear MS.lucas, thank you for your T-shart i like your t-shart that you gave me.MS.LUCAS do you feel good today and are you still kind of tire today will i whish you have a nice summer and i whish you will not be very tire so you could have fun in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you for the tshirts i like mine michael

    ReplyDelete
  12. dear ms.lucas thanks for the t-shirt i really like it. love,pae naw

    ReplyDelete